A Writer’s Resume
Dave Jarecki, professional writer
- Professional writer since 1999, with a focus in business communications, marketing and brand strategy
- Business owner since 2004, with a consistently growing, eclectic client base and partnerships across fields including health and wellness, IT, manufacturing, food and nutrition, business development, Web design, branding and marketing
- Experienced workshop presenter and facilitator, including creative writing and strategic communications
Skills and experience
- As Principal of Breakerboy Communications, lead brand strategy, messaging, and core internal and external communications campaigns for small- to mid-tier businesses in need of copywriting, messaging and consulting services.
- Provide grant writing and social marketing services to non-profit organizations, primarily throughout Oregon and SW Washington. To date, have helped generate close to $5-million in private and federal funding for clients.
- Develop and facilitate creative writing workshops for students and adults, both independently and in partnerships with established education organizations. To date, have worked with more than 200 writers in Portland-area workshops.
- Mountain Writers Series, Poetry Manuscript workshop, fall 2003
- Penn State University, BA English, 1998
Worked with Peter Sears in a workshop designed around preparing poetry for publication.
Focused on literary journalism and writing for publication. Studied with Bruce Weigl and Toby Thompson.
Brand and marketing portfolio